Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Orange & Brown Soapstone Mushroom Man

Mushroom Man soaking up the sun

He is a little scuffed up.

Meditation is good for all that ails you, body and soul.

A man of stone can easily take anything  lying down.
Even though he is only about three and a half inches tall, he weighs almost half a pound. He has an equanimity most yogis would study a lifetime to achieve. Of course he is  made of stone. And being that he's soapstone, he is easily scratched and scarred. But for me  this only adds to his mystique. 
Nobody knows the trouble he's seen. Nobody knows where he's been.
I found  him on a shelf in a second-hand store and he shone like a star amongst the banal crappola. He has a healing message . 


UPDATE:

Silly me, ahem, apparently this mushroom man has something to do with psilocybin.  I am not recommending psilocybin any more then I would recommend any other medicine, as I am not a doctor. But I would not say it's a terrible thing either. I really don't know. I don't think it is a good idea to do anything that is not legal, as it could land you in jail. But under the right circumstances, it seems psilocybin could be helpful in treating certain maladies. Check out this article published in a science journal in Jan 2012 (Yes, that is quite a while ago, but with all the economy and political stuff going on, I never noticed...maybe you didn't either.)   

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/01/120123152043.htm http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/01/120123152043.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment